Monday, November 04, 2002

A Day Out With the Kids

While the sun was still burning brightly in the sky, we made a trip out to Ambleside Park, which is right by the beach in West Vancouver. As the crow flies, my apartment is so close by, separated only by Georgia Strait between Stanley Park and Ambleside. There were all sorts of playground equipment there and the M's seemed impervious to the cold air (I was freezing! -- but my gloves and hat were in my car, which was with Allan & Cheryl).


Ambleside Park

We met Allan and Cheryl and Madeleine at my apartment, and I took them to Capers on Robson so Allan and Cheryl could see the variety of food available, especially since Maddy is allergic to everything under the sun. They've got a great deli department, and a section for made-to-order sandwiches, desserts, and beverages. It always takes me so long to figure out what to eat.

La Casa Gelato, on Venables in East Vancouver, is one of the best places to take people who have a widely differing set of preferences for dessert. Or in our case, differing dietary restrictions. Maddy was fast asleep the entire time we were there, so in the end we didn't get her any ice cream, but we got Michael and Melissa two kid cones each (they were free!). It was Allan's first time, and Cheryl's second, so making a decision was a long process.


La Casa Gelato