Thursday, January 02, 2003

Back on Home Soil

ahhh, green grass!!!!!

New York City may have a lot of things, but it sure is lacking in green grass... and healthy trees... and clean air... I'm back from a crazy week in the Big Apple, and I am in serious need of a shower. All I can think of is waiting for the subway and peering down at the sludge between the tracks and thinking "How I would hate to fall into THAT." It brings the excellent documentary Dark Days, which I saw last year, into perspective.

As much as I love travelling, I'm very happy and relieved that I made it back from this trip, considering that only 24 hours ago or so I was in the middle of Times Square with half a million other people, corralled like cattle in a holding pen, to watch the ball drop for New Year's. It's a real experience, like nothing I've ever done before, nor am I likely to do again.