Saturday, July 26, 2003

Mr. Stoppelenburg Stops By


Bye bye Ramon!

Ramon Stoppelenburg of LetMeStayforaDay.com was here again for a while last Tuesday. I'd e-mailed him last week, and asked if he needed a lift to the airport. Helijet sponsored Ramon to fly him from Victoria to Vancouver Airport earlier today, so he didn't need a lift to the airport, but he asked if I could take him to the ferry terminal. He was arriving by train early Tuesday morning, but his host in Victoria didn't finish work until 5 o'clock.

I didn't want to fight the commuter traffic to get back into Vancouver if I'd taken him straight to the ferry terminal from the train station. So I made a deal whereby I would pick Ramon up at the train station, and then he'd stay in the apartment until I could take him at lunchtime. Christa was still sleeping when we arrived back at the apartment, so I took Ramon to my local coffee house across the street for breakfast. We sat outside with our coffee and muffins and chatted away until it was time for me to start work. By this time Christa finally woke up, and decided to skip her first class, so there we were -- all three of us studious and hardworking people! Christa was busy writing, I'd plugged Ramon into the network, and I got going on more graphs. Then, oh dread of dreads, the final report of newsprint data from the PPPC (Pulp and Paper Products Council) came in, and I couldn't take Ramon to the ferry terminal. He ended up staying until about 3pm, which was the absolute latest he could leave to catch all his connections to get to the ferry terminal, but I had this feeling he would miss the Tsawwassen bus after the Skytrain... go Ramon go!

I made a little Shockwave PhotoJam tribute show of Ramon:

The Ramon Show

You'll need Quicktime to view these files:
- a little AVI clip of Ramon talking about the wankers he met on his Canadian trip (7.63MB)
- another little video clip of Ramon talking about being a "man's man"(6.71MB)