Saturday, December 03, 2005

The Fieldings Are Medicated

I don't recall ever taking Nyquil before, but its sedative properties are legendary, I've been told. Thusly, I spent much of the day in an unconscious state. Deservedly so -- I can't cough or sneeze in my sleep, right? It was a pleasant reprieve. When I sleep, it's just like sleep mode on a computer: things happen in the background, functions requiring motor skills cease and desist. Sheer genetic luck, I suppose, that I can sleep uninterrupted.

Me being mostly unconscious is a real role reversal in our household, since David is usually the one who gets KO'ed with pills. He said last night he was an insomniac, but this morning he brought me breakfast in bed. Lucky me!

Treatment is always discontinued on the weekends, so it does feel like a weekend for us. We don't have to go to any appointments. David's been catching up on his writing, and if I hold off on the Nyquil a little longer, I should be able to scare up some video clips, too.

David finally finished the last installment of his story about how he acquired our 1954 Piper Tri-Pacer. The links, forthwith:

The Story of 02P

Part I
Part II
Part III
Part IV