Thursday, October 24, 2002

Just Another Embarrassing Moment

I can breathe now... the storm is over and I got through it... I handed in my Philosophy paper tonight, and last night I wrote my Linguistics mid-term. I was writing the last sentence of my paper 10 minutes before class was due to start! I honestly didn't think I would be able to hand in anything -- I had pretty much nothing written by this morning and even at lunchtime the situation was looking quite bleak. I don't know if it was adrenalin that helped me find some cohesion and a thread of sense through that paper, but I managed to get a semblance of order in the afternoon and wrapped it up before racing to class in the fog. I am so much like Ross, I swear his writing methods have rubbed off on me!

Last night about halfway through the exam, I was struck by this incredible urge to pee... it was overwhelming and almost painful and I couldn't concentrate! I was so far into the exam I couldn't get up and beg to go to the washroom -- just standing up was a dreaded thought, in case I had to make a run for it (but to have to stop and ask a question!!) -- so I wrote as fast as I could and tried desperately to go through the exam as thoroughly as I could manage. I can't say I was super-confident about my effort, but I was just so relieved to have it finished and ran down the hall!

It reminded me so much of the bus incident from Hamburg to Amsterdam it wasn't funny!