Wednesday, October 16, 2002

Official Panic Week

We went over Assignment #1 in Linguistics class, and I think everyone was shocked at their scores (I would venture to say marks were in no one's favour). There is a mid-term next week!

Also, I have a Philosophy paper due next Wednesday! Egads! I have not been able to beat this B+ score in either Philosophy course I've taken, and it's driving me bananas... all of my papers in other classes, even the ones where I did terribly on the exams, were A's. There is a certain technique in writing Philosophy papers that I just haven't been able to figure out. Archaeology, English, Latin American Studies, Geography -- all were manageable, but why not Philosophy? Are my arguments really that weak? Are my terms way out of line? Martin Hahn didn't even give any specific comments on my first paper, but I'm too shy to ask him what was really wrong with it. And it's been too long now to ask Patrick Findler about paper-writing from Moral Philosophy.