Friday, August 22, 2003

Billy Connolly Publicity Stunt or Just a Painfully Embarrassing Moment? You Decide

I confess: Ananova's Entertainment section holds great appeal for me. So does Billy Connolly. One of the funniest shows I've ever seen was a series he did about his home country of Scotland. In retrospect, it may have been funnier because at the time I'd been living in Scotland for nearly two years, I was watching the telly with Scots, and I was familiar with some of the places he talked about, but I still think I'd find it funny today. Everyone in the flat watched it religiously every night during the week it was on, howling until the point of tears and falling off the settee in the kitchen. I kept telling myself to buy the video, but never got around to it. (Note to self: must hunt for DVD)

I stumbled upon this little gem and wonder what else Billy Connolly's been up to lately:

Ananova - Billy Connolly gets penis stuck in zip on plane