Tuesday, August 12, 2003

Stupid Mistakes. You Know the Ones.

Just when you thought you had 'em licked, they show up on exams and bite you on the butt. Maybe it's just me. Maybe it's because exams and I just don't get on. Let me give you an example. The first linguistics exam of the term (they are all multiple choice questions), I found a particular 9-question problem too easy (this professor likes trickery, I didn't think he would let it be this easy), and horror of horrors changed all my answers to that problem. Needless to say, that is clearly Stupid Mistake #1 in the "Top 10 Stupid Exam Mistakes." You'd think I'd have learned this lesson in bloody high school.

Even more stupidly (if that is indeed an adverb), I noticed some of the questions from exams 1 & 2 showed up on the final exam, and a couple of the ones I had right on the other exams I marked incorrectly on the final! What's the matter with me?? Am I out to prove even more how much I am my own worst enemy???