Monday, August 02, 2004

Pride Parade



It's the annual Pride Parade in Vancouver, and this is the first year since I began volunteering at A Loving Spoonful in '99 that I haven't been involved in some way, shape, or form, in the parade float. Last year I sequestered myself at the office to study for final exams, but I gave some stuff to the ALS office to decorate the float with. The year before, I helped blow up hundreds of balloons to tie to the float... that one was rather complicated -- it even had a bubble machine on board. And every year they use my parking spot because the parade ends right in front of my building, so I'm wondering if they tried to send e-mail during my Telus snafu and I have dropped off the distribution list?? Will have to find out.

Anyway, as seen here, the weather was clear and sunny. What you don't see is the heat -- I saw a giant hot dog on rollerblades, and all I could think of was *pun alert*: man, that is one hot dog!!!

EDIT: Added a little videoclip, 33 seconds long, 4.9MBs.

Pride Parade.avi