Monday, September 16, 2002

people

ooof, I'm beat... I'm sending out the Weekly report at the moment, also fixing some minor things on the Monthly report. Just got home from seeing the kiddies in Surrey -- I met up with Cheryl in New Westminster, and we couldn't think of anywhere to take the kids for dinner, so I suggested Earl's. It could've been a major disaster, but it wasn't too bad. Maddy threw some temper tantrums -- she's really good at those -- but other than that, no catastrophies.


Mischievous Madeleine. Posted by Hello

I knew it was going to be an evening requiring energy, so I took a two-hour nap to prepare! I was up until 4:30am talking to the Crazy Chickens, who I roused with a wake-up call on their Sunday morning.


Crazy Chickens. Posted by Hello

Christa drove all the way to Hamburg to meet up with Iris for the weekend, so we took the opportunity to catch up. The call took well over 3 hours! But then I had to wake up 4 hours later to do my 9-12 morning shift at the Downtown hostel. It was my first shift there since last year, since I pledged to do all my shifts at Jericho Beach. Darlene held the fort in the first bit while I grabbed a jolt of caffeine and nourishment at The Dish on Davie St. The shift passed really quickly, even without a lot of questions, and afterwards I headed down to London Drugs to pick up the mug that I left there on Friday night, drilled the staff on cell phones, and on the way home walked right by a little yard sale at an apartment building ... and who did I bump into? Meaghan, who worked a bit for Butler Research when I was there, and also happened to be in Krista's Anthropology MA programme as well. She's moving to Ottawa on Friday! We didn't have long to chat, but the guy who was selling stuff -- Meaghan's neighbour -- had this great Banana Republic messenger bag thing that was just the right size and didn't have any logos emblazoned on it, so I took it off his hands for a tenner.


Krista's farewell dinner at Tanpopo, on Denman St. (Meaghan's at the far left.) Posted by Hello