Thursday, February 10, 2005

A Twist on the Top-10 List

It's not often I write about myself, or fill out those "About Me" lists that arrive in my e-mail inbox from time to time. But I saw this version on Katy's blog, and thought I'd do it.

In no particular order...

TEN random things about me:

1. If I had the skill, I'd be a professional comedian
2. I haven't been to the dentist since I was 10
3. I've never had PMS
4. I can write straight without ruled paper
5. I hate pink
6. I was the only girl in my co-ed Grade 12 Phys Ed class
7. I've never had a headache
8. My birth name is not Gail
9. I've never broken a bone
10. Handbags: ugh

NINE places I want to visit:

1. Indonesia
2. Madagascar
3. Galapagos Islands
4. Quebec City
5. Cuba
6. Croatia
7. India
8. Portugal
9. Brazil

EIGHT things I want to do before I die:

1. Go to the dentist (haha!)
2. Have an exhibit of my favourite photography
3. Learn how to fly
4. Visit those nine places mentioned above
5. Read all the correspondence I've ever received
6. Learn how to scuba dive
7. Meet the three World Vision Canada kids I sponsor (Haiti, Chad, Brazil)
8. Throw my own "wake party" (except I'm alive and present)

SEVEN ways to win my heart:

1. Be able to guess musician/song titles within five bars
2. Be geeky and embrace one's own geekiness
3. Show your imagination
4. Be kind to little kids, old people, and animals
5. Be consistent
6. Make me a hot beverage
7. Keep in touch with me

SIX things I believe in:

1. Universal healthcare
2. Highly subsidised education
3. Preserving the environment
4. Exercising the right to vote
5. Public transportation
6. Affordable housing

FIVE things I'm afraid of:

1. The concept of infinity
2. The power going out and having to go into the basement to re-set the fusebox
3. Deep ocean
4. An emergency in the plane and forgetting the transponder code
5. Losing photos/photo data getting corrupted

FOUR of my favourite items in my bedroom:

1. Cypress reed diffusers
2. Flannel sheets
3. Humidifier
4. David

THREE things I do almost every day:


1. Drink hot beverages
2. Wake David up
3. Feed Hugh

TWO things I'm trying not to do right now:

1. Eat
2. Lose this Scrabble game (no danger, though! I'm ahead!)

ONE person I want to see right now:


1. 5 little people (the MJEs) -- together they make up one big person


If you make your own list, I'd love to read it!