Thursday, August 01, 2002

The Volvo

Back to the car -- it has cost me so much money to repair the past couple of years (especially last year), but it's such a functional vehicle: it takes the kids plus their gear and their wagon, luggage to take to the airport, furniture for moving... how can I get rid of it?? I don't want to buy a van, or an SUV, and a regular car just wouldn't have the versatility of the Volvo. And, out of all the cars I have ever driven, that Volvo has the best turning circle of all, which is what makes parallel parking like last night at all possible.

Last year I spent in the neighbourhood of $3,000 (yikes) in repairs, and took it into the shop 14 times in 12 months. This year, aside from the crazy snowstorm accident in January, the car was fine until July, when it broke down in Stanley Park with Christa and Daniela in it... they ended up missing the HI Annual Salmon BBQ at Jericho Beach... at least I managed to finish my food before getting the call from Christa :)