Saturday, August 03, 2002

winded

I'm exhausted -- I must take a nap before I resume studying. I just returned from decorating the Pride Parade float for A Loving Spoonful. I tied pieces of ribbon onto 300 balloons! It sounds easy, but it's not! I was in this rather unhealthy position of being bent over, tying the ribbon, while I held the balloon between my legs. I hate it when balloons pop, too, so it probably wasn't the best job, but I liked doing it. The float looks great, and it will be fantastic with the bubble machine on it!


my balloon cache Posted by Hello

Before that I did my 9-12 shift at the Jericho hostel infodesk, where I promoted the Grouse Grind ("save your money!") and looked up festival information on the computer. Crazy Christa phoned me from Mexico while I was at the hostel, but I couldn't really talk, so she will phone me again from Guadelajara. A bit of a snooze, and I'll be back in the game...