Wednesday, February 11, 2004

The New Office

I'm in Sechelt again for two days. Can't wait 'til we move to Gibsons near the ferry terminal so I can shorten the commuting time by nearly an hour. I saw the new building for the first time last week, so I thought I'd include some photos:


look at that driveway!
Get a load of that steep driveway! I don't think I've ever seen a driveway quite like that before -- I couldn't even get it in one picture. You'd need a winch to get down there. And heaven help you if your brakes fail! Apparently they can't build a driveway up to the house because the area in front is septic, so you have to go up the hill (mountain is more like it) to an upper road and then creep down the very long driveway.


office from driveway
Kevin's house is the main building to the right, and the office is the building on the left, above the garage. The two buildings are joined by the porch, and Allison's office is above that. The main selling point of this property is the stunning and completely unobstructed view of Howe Sound/Jervis Inlet. If you peer closely, you can see the BC Ferry in the right photo. Which means if the ferry's late, we know about it right away and have time to run down and get it. Whereas here in Sechelt, we have that bloody Sunshine Coast dual-carriage highway to contend with, senior citizens who barely drive the speed limit, and not knowing if we can make the ferry or not. Aside from the collision with the deer in November 1999 (it ran directly into the side of my car!!), I've never had an accident on that road, which is amazing since when it's pitch dark and stormy you might as well be driving blind.


clocktower
We even have a clocktower, but Kevin says the clock face is two grand! That doesn't include any of the moving parts, and installation -- ?? So I don't know if we're going to get that. It does add character to the house, though.