Saturday, February 14, 2004

Pretty in Pink? --or-- Pepto Bismol Nightmare?

Am I correct in presuming there aren't any genes that determine proclivity towards pink?

But there should be. I got to thinking about this after my post two days ago about Barbie and Ken.


4 years old, and already sullen in pink
This is me on my 4th birthday. I was forced to wear, against my will, a pink and white outfit. I also had it in my head that I was clutching a birthday present which contained yet another ghastly pink outfit. Note the expression of joy on my face.


Melissa loves pink!
This is Melissa, also at age 4, the firstborn of my brother (the eldest of five, and she won't turn five until July!). This was taken last year, the week before her 4th birthday. She ADORES pink. She has pink sandals to match her pink skirt/shorts, her pink t-shirt with flashy fuschia pink sequins on it, and pink hair accessories. She wants Barbie and her pink outfits. Can this child actually be related to ME????