Thursday, December 02, 2004

Krispy Kreme

OK, this is disturbing:

This guy created an image gallery dedicated to the opening of British Columbia's first Krispy Kreme store, in Delta (south of Vancouver) in February. He's even taken photos of the construction in progress!

MY KRISPY KREME PHOTO GALLARY (sic)
One of life's great passions!!

Please note that I have no connection with Krispy Kreme ... just a life-long fan who loves ... fresh ... hot doughnuts from them ... I feel faint .... DOUGHNUTS !!! DOUGHNUTS !!!

Somebody get this man a doughnut before he passes out!

Personally, I don't get the hype. I've been hearing about Krispy Kremes for years and how much people go bonkers over it, so last night I popped my Krispy Kreme cherry and tried one for the first time, since David had a coupon for a dozen of them. We got home, and I paused from drinking my latte to take a bite. I swear, my blood sugar level spiked at that very moment -- IT WAS SO SWEET!!! I couldn't believe how sweet it was; I took a swig of my coffee and was thankful I gave up sugar ages ago. Oy!!! How can people handle this stuff??? If I were back in BC, I'd stick to good old Tim Horton's -- less hype, less sugar. (OK, maybe the same sugar, but not as sickly sweet.)