Thursday, June 02, 2005

David's Weekend in Vancouver: Cathay Pacific Upgrade!

Thursday, May 26

David got bumped up to Business Class for showing up late. I've been trying this for years, to no avail.

Dave's Logbook: Yes, please!

When we were in the car on the way to the airport, I said to my dad, "You know, I've taken this flight lots of times and it's always early. I'll bet it's early this time, too." When we arrived at 02:00 I checked the board and it said the flight arrived at 01:21, nearly AN HOUR early. Then an SMS came in on my phone:

Air bridge is broken!

The funny thing is, the flight left New York EARLY, but when they arrived, the air bridge (the ramp that connects the plane to the gate) wasn't working, so they had to sit and wait to get moved to another gate, anyway. So in the end, David arrived on schedule. A nice way to start the weekend, I'd say.