Saturday, October 04, 2003

I'm Losing My Favourite Scrabble Opponent!


Adrian focussed and ready to strike.
I spoke to Adrian briefly on Thursday night when I was on the ferry, and he broke some big news -- he's accepted another position in his company, and he could be moving to Toronto as early as next week!

How do I feel about this? Pretty mixed.... I mean, he was always out of town, anyways -- Adrian's office is in Toronto, and he worked from home, like me. We even have the same accountant because Lou was doing such a good job with Adrian's forms, I took Lou on board, too. There was some comfort in knowing another T2200 (which is what we are according to Revenue Canada). But that's besides the point... Adrian and I go way back, but in the past few years I feel I've been given glimpses into the inner sanctum of his mind, and it's a place not many have access to!

It's not as if I saw Adrian often even when he was around. But knowing that I have to fly to Toronto to see him makes me a bit blue: no more wine nights, fiercely competitive Scrabble... inspections of new piercings (ha ha!). No more concerts, hockey games, or evenings like at Fiction, where we drank 14 martinis between us... hell, I think it's time for a martini... this is getting me all nostalgic...