Monday, October 06, 2003

Laity Farm


Laity Farm
The kids, Allan and I spent the afternoon out on Laity Farm, an historic working farm with heritage buildings in Maple Ridge. They open the farm to the public in the month of October, and the grounds are completely kitted out for kiddies: a corn maze, a forest filled with scenes from Hans Christian Andersen fairytales and various nursery rhymes, dinosaurs, zoo animals, woodland creatures, gnomes, a pioneer village complete with prospector's cabin, covered wagon, sherriff's office, school, a general store and more! All in a wooded area in the middle of the farm!

Adventures on Laity Farm: the album


Michael, exactly one year before.
I went back in the blog to discover that I'd taken Michael by himself to the farm exactly one year ago. I think it was the very first time I'd ever taken Michael out by himself, and I could tell he was a bit lost without Melissa running around and bossing him around. But we had lots of fun once he'd tasted his first nibble of personal freedom and realized how exhilarating it can be, especially knowing that he didn't have to share my attention with an older sister and a baby.

I think this is my favourite photo of Michael. He's also wearing my favourite "Mister Michael" wear. He had just turned two years old a month before, and still a bit baby-ish. We were playing hide-and-go-seek in the pumpkin patch at Laity Farm, and this is Michael's idea of hiding.


Maddy
Here's Maddy in the same outfit, exactly one year later. I'm surprised the outfit is still in one piece -- Michael wore it all the time, and it has gone through a lot of abuse!