Saturday, December 13, 2003

Friday: The End of a Mind-Bender of a Week

Tough, tough day at the hospital. I won't even get into it here... every time I try to describe the afternoon, I get worked up.


he's trying to psyche me out

"I beat Gail! I beat Gail!"


Then I got beaten at Scrabble by Adrian! It took him more than a year and a half, but he finally did it. He didn't do a "happy dance" (as he calls it), but he did ring a friend at 2 o'clock in the morning when we finished our Scrabble game, to spread the news that he did actually beat me. 6 measly points! But Adrian was ahead the whole game from the first word, so if I'd pulled past him with his victory in sight, he would've been pretty choked... I don't know when the "rematch" will be, since he moved to Toronto a few months ago, and visits back here are short.