Wednesday, December 03, 2003

Taking It Day by Day

Thanks to all who send their wishes for a speedy recovery for my mother. She finally has a hospital bed at Surrey Memorial and is no longer confined to a stretcher in an emergency ward hallway.

Personnel at SFU and my colleagues have been very understanding and I am grateful for that. I'm still dreading the finals postponed until Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.

Still have a gazillion phone calls to make, but trying to chip away at my office work first.

I am hoping Cheryl's pregnancy continues to go well. She is currently on full bedrest and will be admitted to BC Women's Hospital full-time sometime between Christmas and New Year for the remainder of the pregnancy (mid-March, if all goes well). Michael and Maddy are in daycare, Melissa is now in Maine, and Allan's been transferred out of support and into a technical writing position.

As 2003 winds to a close, I hope we can all just hang in there...