Tuesday, December 09, 2003

Sometimes Things Get Worse Before They Get Better

Or, at least that's what I'm telling myself right now. Wrote another exam today, and was pressed for time as I was so busy studying on the Skytrain that I missed my connecting station and ended up going all the way around the Millennium Line Loop to SFU via Coquitlam. I wrote my CMS exam along with SA316, and the exam supervisor told me I couldn't have the full two hours. I was speedwriting.

Got home and was feeling a bit better as the law firm called to say that they would like to schedule a meeting for Friday. I have to meet them at the hospital at 2pm. Moments later I got a call from ICBC, saying that they have two witnesses who report that my mother ran the red light. I'm still in a bit of shock right now. This changes everything.

I am just inches away from buying a plane ticket to some unknown destination right now... I want to boycott Christmas altogether... if even the tacky ubiquitous Christmas muzak can't make me feel like it's the Christmas season, I might as well be somewhere else with Buddhists and other non-believers.