Friday, April 23, 2004

Barcelona – Day 4

Uh oh. Sore throat. Hope that doesn't mean I caught something nasty from the American girl with a terrible cold who was over in the next bed. She was down for the count for three whole days. What a way to spend a holiday, and that will be me next if I don't get down some vitamins and orange juice and whatever I can get my hands on at the pharmacia.

Every morning I get up later and later, which would mean more sleep except I keep going to bed later and later. Last night I decided to print off some photos to make postcards for Barcelona, because I found some power points in the shower room. So around 1am I plugged in my Canon photo printer and away I went... lots of drunk girls stumbled in and barely noticed what I was doing, but a few were sober enough to stare at the little machine, printing away. Wrote postcards until some crazy hour of the morning, so getting up this morning was tough. (This Aussie girl in the bunk above me screamed in terror a few times in her sleep, which freaked everybody out except me, since I was just heading to bed.) Just missed breakfast, but thought I'd ask the brekkie guy for coffee, anyway, since he was flirting with me the last two mornings. Well, it worked -- for a kiss on the cheek, I got my coffee, plus a fresh hot croissant! Gave him a kiss on the other cheek for good measure... what a sweet guy.

Now I'm off to the post office and the bus station to head south to Alicante...