Friday, April 09, 2004

e-Bay Quickie

I've been watching the Canon A80 on e-Bay for months now. It's dropped down in price, so today I figured I'd better hurry up and get it, since I've only got a week left before I leave and far too much to do. I've scoped out the A80, and even walked into Inter-Pro Photo to check it out. Exactly two years ago today, I purchased the A30, my first digital camera, off e-Bay from Inter-Pro Photo -- on e-Bay they're listed as photocenter1. When I first started looking around for a digital camera, I looked up this e-Bay seller and discovered they're in Vancouver, so I don't have to pay any shipping charges.

So, I jumped on about 20 minutes ago, and saw that there was one camera that only had 14 minutes left before the auction expired, so I put in a quick bid that matched the "Buy It Now" price... and I won! Five bucks short of my maximum bid. Now I just have to head down there tomorrow, and pick it up...

One of the major reasons I wanted to buy this camera is because the screen swivels into the camera, protecting it from wear and tear. Right now my A60 is so ratched up, I've decided to sell it for a meagre price to my brother, who with five kids at home, is used to ratched-up electronics. We'll see how long it lives -- the A30 I passed on to them has held up incredibly well, but its main drawback is that it only has low-res, 10-sec, no-sound video... 3 of the kids are talking now, so sound is becoming more important.