Thursday, June 17, 2004

Is It Thursday Already??

Man, where does the time go? Yesterday was busy, busy, busy. Went to the office, but due to *#@% traffic on the Lion's Gate Bridge, I was held up and missed the 09:25 ferry. Didn't feel like hanging around Horseshoe Bay, so instead I decided to explore West Vancouver. Lovely neighbourhood, on the other side of the narrows from me, but definitely not my demographic... retirees!

It's great having my car back for a couple of weeks. It's been so long since I've driven it, I forget I even own a car. It's got some tuning up to do, but for 376,000+kms and being over 20 years old, the old beast is doing pretty well. (Like its owner, ha!) Although, the driveway is so steep at the office, I'd need a winch to tow the heavy Volvo back up to the road, so I leave it at the top of the driveway.

Yesterday's new discovery: There are no corner stores in Kerrisdale.

Believe it or not. I went to drop off something for my aunt, Tosca's mum, and told her I'd pick up some milk for her on my way. I thought I'd just get something at the corner store in Kerrisdale, only to discover there aren't any. Nada. Not a single one. It was incredible -- I scoured the neighbourhood at 10:00pm, it was barely dark, but everything was shut except for a couple of cafes and a few restaurants. I had to get back in my car and drive further west... found an IGA and called my aunt to see if she needed anything other than milk. They locked the door as I was on the phone! So I had to cross the street to the Shell station and get the milk there, anyways. I told my aunt I am going to drive her to the grocery store, this is ridiculous!