Friday, October 14, 2005

On the Philadelphia Waterfront Last February

on the Philadelphia waterfront
[photo by gail on the web]
Soaking in the ambience emanating from Camden, New Jersey, across the Delaware River.

If you're wondering "Does she jest?" -- I'll leave that to your imagination.

Egads, I'm coming across a lot of photos I skipped over rather hastily.

The archiving is taking over my life, as you can see. I should be asleep. But I see a light at the end of the tunnel... it just keeps moving, that's all.

In my last post, I put David and pregnant women in the same paragraph. Here's another comparison:

David has food cravings, and like any other smart spouse would do, I indulge the craver. The oncologist warned us in August that weight loss would be a major concern, and not to worry about high-calorie food. In fact, he ENCOURAGED us to go for the calories.

Now, when a doctor tells you to consume calories to your heart's content, who are you to say no, right? We were momentarily ecstatic -- "yippee!" -- but we weren't prepared for just how much nausea was in store.

With all the radiation and combination chemotherapy, David's been fighting his body to keep food down and his stomach has shrunk considerably. So when he makes a request, no matter what time of the day or night, I get it: Jell-O, cheese, french fries, ice cream, whatever I can get my hands on. Our fridge inventory changes constantly because the requests change randomly. The latest cravings: fried chicken, celery sticks, Wendy's chicken burger, Creamsicles.

I'm gaining weight just looking in our fridge.