Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Sawan Mela Festival

For a while now I've been thinking of moving my blog over to a "real" (i.e. paid) domain, but several things have stopped me. Not so much the cost, but the hassle factor (the more entries I write, the more there is to move and format) and maintenance.

Here, I don't deal with a hosting company, the servers haven't been getting a lot of downtime, I don't worry about getting hacked, there's no sign of Blogger discontinuing, it's easy to update (all I need is a browser), and... well, I've talked myself into inertia again, haven't I?

However, you get what you pay for and when it's free, there's only so much customisation one can do. I've been considering WordPress or TypePad, but we'll see how it goes. I might be tempting fate with this post -- will the Blogger servers go down after I hit submit?

Any suggestions/recommendations are welcome.

In the meantime, I've made some small changes on the template and will be making some colour changes soon.

One thing I've been neglecting lately is posting links to some of the video clips I've got stored on my .Mac account.

Here's one from the summer, four months ago to the day:

Sawan Mela Festival
3rd Annual Sawan Mela Festival
Plaza of Nations
June 19, 2005

A celebration of South Asian culture in Vancouver.

Video here: Sawan Mela Festival dancers

South Asian Family Association: http://www.safa.ca/about.html

These dancers from the UBC are fantastic! So high-energy -- check out their moves near the end, all three rows.