Wednesday, September 17, 2003

6,037 Airmiles! woo-hoo!



I now have enough Airmiles to book a trans-Atlantic flight! The only thing is, I can't book it until I register for the Spring Term and find out when that last exam is, and registration for that won't be until probably November... oh well, at least I know I can book it when I'm ready. And it should be far enough in advance that I won't have any problem getting the flight that I want.

Tonight I dragged Christa out for a walk down the seawall and around the West End. She isn't very familiar with Denman Street, so I pointed out some good places to eat and took her to the West End Community Centre to check out their facilities. I just felt like we should get out of the apartment more while the weather is still OK, otherwise we might get cabin fever. I have lots of reading to do, as always, but I have to make time for other things in the evening besides books. Or maybe it's because I don't feel like reading Marx. That was probably why I also managed to get down to the pool at 9:30 for half an hour of treading water, something I haven't done since the first year I moved in here. It felt easier than I'd expected, but then I took the stairs to come back up, and that's when my legs started to send messages of resistance to the nerve control room that is my brain.