Thursday, September 11, 2003

law, order and google

I read an interesting Canadian blog post that, in part, remarks on the Google reflex, highlighting how much some people (including myself) have become dependent on the internet for information.

Perhaps interesting in of itself is some of the feedback posted to the author, in particular with regards to factual journalism (as opposed to "nonfactual" journalism – a term that should be contradictory, but in this day and age is practiced and received all too often). Factual journalism sounds redundant, but it appears that a distinction must be made.

Can you tell I'm back at the books? It's finally raining – liquid relief for the firefighters, and easing the transition Christa and I have to make back to our "serious student" mode.

Our vacation from education is over (*sniff*). At least Christa has afternoon classes, so she can sleep in. Not me. But, don't cry for me Argentina, at least I'm not paying for my education flipping burgers!