Wednesday, November 19, 2003

Haggling

Haggling makes me tired, but it must be done. The retirement party is only a few days away and I am back and forthing with the hotel. Called Lynn for some advice, and she's helping me out tomorrow once I fax her the stuff.

Went to pick up the car this morning and missed the ferry because I couldn't find the car! It was dark, the map was not to scale and I was hunting in the wrong area. Dropped my hat somewhere. Only a semi-productive day at the office as the UPS backup went on the fritz due to power surges and took down the server twice. Couldn't do anything else but lug the beast home to take to the NMCC office tomorrow. Took 6:30 ferry, bumped into my optometrist on the ferry for the first time in over a year, stopped by London Drugs and bought the Canon CP-200 photo printer from Aria -- somebody else I haven't seen for simply ages -- and returned the car. Found my hat in the parking spot, amazingly enough, soaking wet and covered in dirt and leaves, but washable.


After reading Steve Savage's latest journal update, I discovered he had written a glowing reference for me on the Globalfreeloaders site:

Member references for Gail Edwin
Wed 15 Oct 2003 04:55:00 pm
Referred by: thesavagefiles

Gail's apartment is small, but her heart is huge. If you are lucky enough to be hosted by her, you will meet a warm, kind and thoughtful person. She has a way of making you feel comfortable immediately. Gail works too hard, so try to get her out for a drink or two while you're there. If she is to be a guest at your home, you should have no concerns- she would be an ideal house guest, and you will be glad you met her.

I work too hard, Steve says... !! I agree! Somebody buy me a drink or two...

Here's what I wrote about him:

Wed 19 Nov 2003 04:54:16 pm
Referred by: gailontheweb

Steve stayed here twice, and he can stay here again anytime -- the guy is a model, "no worries" houseguest. Steve has a genuine affinity for people, and I'm certain you will find his company engaging yet unintrusive. Don't let Steve's obvious love for beer and other grog fool you, he has an exemplary work ethic and puts his heart and soul into whatever he turns his hand to, whether it's travel or labour. Have a look at his website and you'll see what I mean: http://www.thesavagefiles.com

If you have a chance to host Steve during his world travels, do so -- you will be glad you did.