Thursday, November 06, 2003

My Bout With the Flu & a Spoiled Flatmate

The flu is still waging battle with my immune system. Yesterday it nearly incapacitated me. Drove all the way to the office and was so ill I returned home halfway through the day. Took aspirin for the first time in memory, although my mother might've have dispensed it to me as a kid after disguising it in soup. Drove my first CAN (Co-operative Auto Network) car yesterday, and after eating my first meal in 24 hours while waiting for the ferry home, I threw it back up on myself and a bit on the car while on the ferry. I'm sure that was more information than you'd ever wished to read in a blog, but vomiting is extremely rare for me, so I thought I'd share that with you. Let this be a cautionary tale: stay healthy and keep away from flu-ridden, virus-carrying people such as the likes of me!

To make things even more ugly, I told Christa this morning that she should move her stuff out of my line of sight and that includes December when she gets back from a month in Mexico. She finished her English program on Friday, so it's time to go. She's been getting on my nerves and I've had enough. Enough! She said I should've told her things as they happened, but I have -- she hasn't been listening. I also think there are such things as common courtesies, like common sense, that I shouldn't have to explain. For example, leave everything as you found it. How hard is that?


I've taken out the rest of the post... but I'm still angry. Don't piss off a person with the flu!