Tuesday, November 11, 2003

Still Highly Infectious and Quarantined

... but working from home. Finished the creature called The Global Outlook Presentation that will be given in New York next week and finally e-mailed it off to Brussels this afternoon. The conference co-ordinator based there thinks I don't ever sleep. I think she's not the only one.

Made great strides into Psychology paper, which I'm going to fail if I don't hand in asap. Not fail, exactly, but will live to regret my slow recovery from this flu once it gets marked and returned. As much as I want high marks, life can get in the way... it's pretty tough to feel motivated when your head just wants to hibernate and you have 12 days to host a party for well over 100 people. If they could bottle self-motivation, I could use a shot or two for this paper.

It is obvious my immune system isn't like it used to be, so my attempt at a more healthy eating regimen started last week by ordering a box of seasonal organic fruit and vegetables to be delivered weekly by the outfit called Green Earth Organics. The selection changes every week, and you can have up to four substitutions per box. I'd heard of it through a classmate, so I thought I would try it. It is especially attractive that they support one of the charities I work for, plus several other local social welfare agencies, and Greenpeace. I'm not a card-carrying member of Greenpeace, but I'm trying to go green... giving my car to my brother and joining the car co-op was a start. The other thing I did was sign up for online grocery ordering from Stong's in Kerrisdale -- they deliver for $10, which I thought was pretty good if I put in a decent-sized order.