Monday, November 17, 2003

A Sunday That Feels More Like a Monday

After a much-needed lie-in, I set about continuing the PowerPoint presentation that I started last night and worked on until the wee hours. I'm making a slideshow of all the photos I've collected of Ross and Lee from all different sources and basically digitizing a chronology of their lives. I'd rather be playing with the kids than doing what I consider to be the most boring part of the whole process -- scanning the photos -- but they are meeting their prospective minder this afternoon, and I have much to do... not to mention reading this Communications book that I'm supposed to be writing a book review for that is due on Thursday. Once this party is over on Saturday night, it will be a big load off my shoulders. I had a nightmare last night about it, that I wasn't prepared, and I was totally panic-stricken. It's a terrible feeling.

I still have to send out the Weekly report, and Ross sent along some edits on the Monthly report, which is going to the printers tomorrow. Will it ever end??? I still have to get through final exams. I am so looking forward to Christmas!!!

It was decided yesterday that Cheryl's mum will fly out from Maine next week to pick up Melissa and take her back to live with Cheryl's family for a couple of months. I asked Allan how Melissa felt about it, and he said she is excited, but I don't think a 4-yr old can really conceptualize that sort of time frame. The reason why she's going without her brother and sister is because she's the most independent of the three and can handle it, but none of us are particularly happy about splitting up the children. But it's the best situation under the circumstances. Michael and Maddy will be minded during the day by the wife of Allan's co-worker, who lives in Delta, and Cheryl will be on complete bedrest from this point forwards.

I'm seriously considering taking the next semester off, because Cheryl will need some help in the next few months, plus there's the office transition... Kevin is in the process of buying an unfinished house/office on a property in Gibsons, and before the big move we have to sort out what we'll need and leave behind in Sechelt. Yikes!