Sunday, November 02, 2003

Sweet November

Here I am, making a reference to a film I never saw (beautiful people/vacuous script is my impression). There's not a cloud in the sky today, so I can say that November is sweet for today, at least. It's the second day into November and 2003 is almost over! Wacky!

I realize I've gone a bit AWOL the past week from the blog, in my bid to reclaim my lost social life -- temporarily replaced while I work on my degree. I've been out every night for a week doing lots of catch-up with friends, lots of eating, moderate amounts of drinking, and generally regaining the equilibrium of my previous life. I've got two more papers left over the next five weeks before final exams, and the halfway point will officially be reached!

photo credit: Ocean Rose B&B

Took the kids yesterday to White Rock with Cheryl, but Michael was getting over a cold, and he was CRANKY. Maddy was running around like a blue-assed fly (is that how the saying goes?), and Melissa was pretty co-operative. I tried to get them to go down the boardwalk and along the pier, but Michael freaked himself out by staring down through the spaces between the wooden boards at the ocean and suddenly decided he was too scared to go any further. Then Melissa decided she was scared, too, so we only got about halfway down the pier. I put Maddy on my shoulders so Michael could ride in the stroller and we headed back via the sidewalk. With the time change the sun is setting much earlier, so we can't go out for as long, and it's getting pretty chilly...