Wednesday, January 07, 2004

Birmingham to Barcelona for a Fiver!

I found a deal on Ryanair to fly to Barcelona from Birmingham for a base fare of 4.99 GPB!! It's a good thing I waited until today to ring Lucy, because I was prepared to book it two days ago, when it was 19.99 GPB!!

I'm not a gambler, but I get a kick out of online auction-type sites like Priceline.com (I've found incredible deals on hotels this way, like a suite in San Diego for 40 USD). I also love surfing the web-based cut-price airline sites like Ryanair.com and Easyjet.com for deals. I flew from Zurich to London last year for 20 CHF (about the same in Canadian dollars) on Easyjet, and I think the flight from Liverpool to Geneva the year before was even less! Sure wish we had that here, but we just don't have a big enough market. There are 55 million people in Britain, an island not that much bigger than Vancouver Island, and we've got around 30 million people for this expansive piece of land...