Thursday, January 08, 2004

(Somewhat Misleading) Map

I got this map from RamonStoppelenburg's site. It's one of the projects from this site (check out the other projects), and it plots the countries you've visited in red. It's rather (unintentionally) misleading because it colours the entire country, even if you've only been to a little corner of it, plus it marks all the territories, too. Looking at the map, I don't feel like I've travelled much, really. 19 countries is only 8%. There's still an awful lot of green there, but this map will have a bit more red on it by May, anyway.

[EDIT Jan '05: The link got broken, so this map includes Spain, which wasn't on the original map because I didn't travel there until April. There's a conspicuous gap where Portugal lies, so maybe I should go there this year!]



create your own visited countries map
or vertaling Duits Nederlands