Wednesday, January 21, 2004

Dinard to London

... is now booked on Ryanair, the base ticket price was 20 euros. That means all my flights are now reserved:

Apr 17 - Vancouver-London
Apr 20 - Birmingham-Barcelona
Apr 27 - Malaga-East Midlands
May 2 - Liverpool-Paris
May 7 - Dinard-London
May 8 - London-Vancouver

I was waiting for my friend Nolwenn to reply, as she doesn't have a computer and lazy-arsed Gail couldn't get off her tod to write a letter. Fortunately for me, Nolwenn beat me to it, and got onto a computer to tell me that they would be happy to see me, and to fly from Dinard rather than Brest as it's easier to get to. I fly into Paris on May 2, after the wedding, and meet up with another friend who lives in northern France, before heading off to Brittany on the TGV to see Nolwenn, Gilles, and their new baby Chanelle.

When I met Nolwenn, we were both young and skint and staying at Saint Simeon in South Kensington, London. It was February 1993, and I had just arrived from Bangkok and was still a bit rattled from the 2.5 hour interrogation at Customs... (to be continued)