Tuesday, January 13, 2004

Why Are Mondays So Bad??

I ended up getting a lot of things done eventually, but had to jump through mega-hoops today...

* postponed calling the accountant, who rang on Saturday looking to get some stuff done early; haven't even done any tax stuff yet, and normally I do it as soon as my last December salary form is ready!

* discovered that a cheque I'd written for my mother was from a chequebook with an old account number, so therefore did not exist! Nothing like a bit of raw panic at the bank... wouldn't have figured this out except I was wiring money off to U.K. and gave the bank teller the chequebook to reference the number – he pauses and says, "umm, this number doesn't match the one I have on the screen..." YIKES!!

* had to pick up my course materials at SFU, but forgot my book so tried to stay awake on the Skytrain with only coffee to prop me up

Of course, it gets worse, but I'll spare the gory details for now. I'm still getting past the gory details.