Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Dreaded Developments

I haven't written for a few days, because things have taken a turn for the worse.

Dave's Logbook: A Setback

We got the news today, after a good weekend, and a hellish Monday. I hope we never have a repeat of yesterday, although it's not a situation we have any contol over.

David's handling today's news better than I am. I know I have to try harder to engage myself, to keep it together for what's to come (the rigour of more cancer therapy). I just had a Skype conference call with some friends and feel an inch closer to normal. This afternoon we ran some errands that took us out of town, and my goals for the rest of the day included obtaining a marriage license from the local courthouse and mowing the lawn. We were too wiped out after getting home to do anything but fall asleep, but I did manage to get our ancient and finicky lawnmower out of the garage around 5:30 and start it up with David's help. Yesterday I broke a piece off and couldn't get it going, so today I attacked the lawn for more than two hours because I NEEDED to finish it before I broke something else.