Friday, January 14, 2005

2 Weeks Left in Vancouver


new MoMA

Wolcott Hotel
I finally booked my flight to New York last night -- I leave January 27, in two weeks. I still have a lot to do, but at least I've got a date to work around. I wanted to hang out in the city, so David decided to take Friday the 28th off. I'm eager to see the renovated MoMa in Manhattan; I last visited when it was in Queens, from June 2002 to September 2004. The new facility officially opened its doors on November 20. I figure if we go on Friday, it won't be as busy as on the weekend proper.

We also got a good deal on a hotel that's received excellent reviews: The Wolcott Hotel. We'll try it out and see if it's as good value as the guests have rated it. For the location and amenities, it's a real bargain on paper.