Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Aberthau House and the florist

Aberthau House
Aberthau House,
originally uploaded by gail on the web.
So I went this morning to a meeting point to go on a fam(iliarisation) trip through my hostelling volunteer work, and it turns out it's tomorrow instead of today (in the infodesk book it said today). Oh well, c'est la vie.

On the way home I stopped by a florist near where I used to work on Hornby Street many moons ago. We discussed the venue, my style preferences, colours, etc.

As you can see, Aberthau House is a Tudor heritage mansion with dark wood interior. It's a bit of a decorating challenge. I also know almost diddly-squat about flora.

The good news is what I do like is widely available here: callas lily bouquets for Eliza and me, and (cut) anthuriums, which I'd like as accent pieces in a few places around Aberthau House. Whenever I see lots of flowers, I think of funerals. Simple is always best.