Thursday, July 07, 2005

Toronto: Ride the Rocket

Ride the Rocket
I'm LOVING the wi-fi here at the Maple Leaf Lounge at Pearson Airport in Toronto. The flight to Vancouver boards soon, so I'll have to make this SHORT.

Here's a tip: Ride the Rocket

That's the TTC's slogan for riding the subway, and I took it today to get here to the airport. Sergio wasn't feeling well, so I shoved off for the metro with my suitcase and PowerBook in tow.

Airport. Rush hour. Luggage.

It's OK if you have one suitcase that doesn't have two printers in it. (Don't ask.) Oy VEY.

The upshot is it only costs $2.50 to go door-to-door. That's a real bargain, considering how far it is from Toronto city centre to the airport. There were some connections involved -- manoeuvering through College, Bloor, and Kipling metro stations, then the airport shuttle -- but as long as you're not carrying more than 60% of your body weight in baggage, it's worth it.

Even during rush hour.