Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Toronto: Cheap Eats and Mystery Treats

Do you think there's enough food??
Sergio and I having an all-you-can-eat Korean BBQ lunch for the incredible price of $8.95 on Queen Street West.

We're running out of table space. The only way to create space is to, erm, eat more food...

There are more plates on our table, but I couldn't get them in the photo!

Last night we went to a Jamaican place, where we watched a guy race off with a drink in an unlabelled bottle. When we inquired about it, the woman behind the counter told Serg that the drink was "only good for men"...

"Not for women," she said.

We looked at each other.

"Why not?" I piped up. The girl beside me just tittered.

"You know what I mean..." She continued serving up the girl's order.

"Go on, Serg," I said. "Order it."

"It's made from seaweed," she said in her rhythmic Jamaican accent.

She ended up pouring some for Serg to sample, for the benefit of all who were watching our reaction. I tried some, too.

We still have no idea what that drink was called, but I'm sure we gave them a good laugh at Albert's Authentic Jamaican Food (St. Clair and Bathurst).