Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Have Mercy On Us, Mercy Hospital

This will be brief as we're about to go to the hospital, where David will be admitted right away to a private room on the 9th Floor.

David cyber-jotted some notes of our visit with the oncologist this afternoon:

Dave's Logbook - We Leap Into Action

We're both rather nervous, so I suggested we wear our wedding rings for comfort. (David designed them himself, last fall. I don't have a picture of his yet, but here's the drawing.) I've had my engagement ring since December, and I roll it around my finger when I'm deep in thought. David has a beautiful wedding ring that he hasn't been able to wear, and I think this is as good a time as any to put it on.

I'll write more later, after David gets settled in, visiting hours are over, and the nurses tell me to go home.