Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Beware the Ides of March

A link to David's entry on Multiply:

Beware the Ides of March

I didn't want to write about it until David's mom was well on the road to recovery. Any surgery, even the minor ones, have inherent risks, especially for the elderly. (She's going to protest me calling her elderly, but maybe I'll calm her down with some sweets!) Monday was the big day, and even at 9:00 in the morning, she kept asking "When are they going to feed me????" She has a voracious appetite for someone so slight!

Surgery prep didn't begin until about 11:45, and she was recuperating in her own room around 4:20 in the afternoon. As far as I know, the doctors haven't said when she's supposed to go home. She was hoping today, but they didn't say as much last night. Maybe tomorrow. At any rate, she's a self-admitted miserable patient (I call her the most impatient patient ever), and wants to go home to her cat asap. I'm sure Penny the cat is missing her, too.

Meanwhile, David arrived at the hospital last night from CAP when we were in the middle of watching the musical "Fiddler on the Roof" on my PowerBook. Visiting hours were over at 8:30, but we turned out the lights and I put a pair of headphones on Mona and selected the subtitles option. "It's just like in the theatre!" she marvelled rather loudly, not realising she was wearing headphones.

David looked very handsome in his uniform. His mom looked so proud.