Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Melissa at Ballet Class

I took Melissa (5) to ballet for the first time today. I've seen a few video clips and photos, but have never seen her in class since it's on weekdays and I was always at work. Despite my aversion for pink, I thought she looked very cute in her leotard and slippers. I also learned today that she is partial to classical music and will not dance to anything else!

MVI_8130_MelissaBallet.mov (AVI, 17 secs, 4.7MBs)

It's not surprising that Melissa would enjoy ballet. She's a girlie-girl who LOVES pink, but most importantly, she's always been very co-ordinated. Out of the five, I'd say she's still the most physically self-aware of the bunch. She was forever climbing out of her crib long before she was a year old, and she's a daredevil on the playground. It was all Michael could do to try and keep up with her on the bars, and she was as comfortable upside-down as right-side up. A veritable monkey with boundless energy. Oh, and she loves the attention, so ballet is right up her alley.

Melissa's ballet class
Melissa's ballet class