Monday, May 23, 2005

Revisiting the Archives: Manhattan


C
Uploaded by gailontheweb.
No, I'm not back in New York again. Now that I've got iPhoto 5 installed, I'm going back through my archives to pre-Flickr photos that need fixing (mostly colour correction).

This was from my trip to New York over New Year's, 2002/2003. I took a circle cruise around the island and shot a boatload of photos that until now haven't been made public. The 'C' in the photo is for Columbia University, located at the north end of Manhattan.

I recently joined a Flickr group that takes you on a tour, of sorts. You post one photo, and you can add notes to parts of the photo with hyperlinks that take you to those places via another photo. It's hard to describe, so here's the URL:

Walkthrough

I posted an aerial photo of Manhattan, with a link to a shot from the 86th floor observation deck of the Empire State Building. The idea is that I'll upload my archived photos of New York so I'll be able to link them to my aeial shot in 'Walkthrough'.