Sunday, July 25, 2004

Cat Naps

I thought it would be most fitting to post a photo of a sleeping cat just before I hit the hay.

Meet Mademoiselle Hortense de Beauharnais. She's named after Napoléon's mother-in-law, Joséphine's mother, Hortense de Beauharnais. I'm told her favourite place for an afternoon nap is in the kitchen in a plastic dishwashing bowl...

Jorgen sent me this in a batch of photos of Miss Hortense, to show me how cute pure evil can be... he's been catsitting her for the last couple of weeks, out of the kindness of his cat-loving heart. In exchange for his cat-care, Miss Hortense has been tormenting him day and night by biting his feet, knocking things over, and generally making a nuisance of herself. Now that his two-week stint is over, Jorgen's cat-sitting yet again, this time in Copenhagen, looking after his daughter's two cats. He reports that they're well-behaved, but I secretly suspect all cats have an innate sense that they're the ones in charge, never vice versa.

Now, time to get in a cat-nap, meself!