Friday, July 02, 2004

More Canada Day



Kermit showing his true colours.

I did an inordinate amount of sleeping in on Canada Day. Shocking.

My SFU Geography classmate, Alina, rang me up in the afternoon and asked me if I wanted to meet them downtown. It has been nearly two years since I'd seen her, so I jumped at the chance! My little local eatery where we had pizza last time was closed at 6pm, so we went up to Davie and Thurlow and had – in honour of Greece's victory – a big Greek meal. Wow, was I ever stuffed... I only ever eat lamb on rare occasion, so when I do, my stomach gets a little shocked.

Kevin, Alina and Dan's son, had a Canadian flag painted on his cheek, as they'd just come from the Canada Day festivities. It was great to catch up, and we talked about travel and all that good stuff. They're from Romania, so it seemed very fitting that on Canada Day, we'd be celebrating multiculturalism with food!