Monday, July 12, 2004

From My Mad Mates

Got a bunch of stuff in the post recently, and being the photo junkie that I am, had to post them here. These days receiving any real mail through the post is a joy indeed!

From my #1 Mad Mate, Lucy, whose wedding I attended May 1 in England. I have to say, I was curious to find a soft, lumpy envelope come through the letterslot. I found a tiny t-shirt and a card... I don't have any wine bottles at the moment, so I found a milk bottle and put the t-shirt on that. I found the note at the back of the shirt rather amusing: WARNING: THIS IS NOT A GARMENT.

I received a wedding invitation a week ago Friday from my friends Erich and Caroline, who are getting married next month. The invitation was addressed to "Gail & Stud". I jokingly made an appeal in one of my Orkut communities for stud applications, which prompted some funny responses. I think one was even genuine. I think I would rather go alone and face the silly singleton questions than bring a stud along as a trophy companion, although the stud interviewing process in itself would be fun...

From my friend Claire, who visited Morocco recently. She says, "Things have changed, it's getting better..." I've never been to Morocco, the closest I've been is Malaga, in the south of Spain, on my trip a couple of months ago, but it was always one of those places that seemed enchanting. I don't know exactly where she went, but it would've been funny if she'd bumped into Steve Savage.

I'm not the only one who likes receiving postcards. Karl, who is one of the Orkut FCFGG Seattle-ites I met recently, also has a thing for postcards. I've got them all over my kitchen. It's one of those little dead-end apartment kitchens, but with an amazing amount of storage and cupboard space, so I've covered them with postcards from friends and some I've accumulated over the years.